Football Conference hearing decision
The Football Conference have charged Gateshead FC with a breach of Rule 8.6 - "failing to fulfil an engagement", following the abandonment of the Blue square Premier fixture against Hayes & Yeading United last month.
Gateshead chairman Graham Wood, secretary Mike Coulson, manager Ian Bogie and assistant manager Jeff Wrightson travelled by train for the hearing at Conference headquarters in Birmingham.
A Panel of independent members of the conference found the charge proved and made the following decisions:-.
1. Gateshead FC was found guilty of "failure to fulfil an engagement" by being responsible for the above match being abandoned by the referee.
2. The result of the match at the time, 0-0, is to stand with each side picking up a point.
3. Gateshead FC however is deducted one point, in accordance with Rule 8.6.
4. The club has also received a fine of £2,500 - suspended until Gateshead's final match in the Football Conference this season, 2009/10, subject to a similar breach of Rule not being repeated.
* Gateshead Football Club has the right of Appeal in accordance with Rule 17.4 within 14 days from the date of the written notice of this decision.
As it now stands following the outcome of the hearing, Gateshead still have nine points - but now from 15 games rather than 14.
By Jeff Bowron