Kettering Town 4-0 Gateshead

Gateshead conceded two goals in each half in Northamptonshire to slip to a third consecutive defeat in the Blue Square Premier.

The Tynesiders, without three of their four central defenders and broken leg victim Martin Brittain, got off to the worst possible start when they fell behind after just ten minutes.

Danny Thomas's opener was followed by a second on the half hour from Poppies new boy Moses Ashokodi, with further goals coming from Francis Green and Damian Spencer in the second half.

It was another disappointing display on the road from Ian Bogie's side and the Tynesiders boss's patience is wearing thin.

"We had the lions share of the possession but did nothing with it, and once again didn't do enough in either penalty area." said Bogie.

"I am bitterly disappointed and feel let down as I have given these players a chance to perform at this level, but it is up to me to sort it out.

"James Curtis has done well again but after that there was very little and I will explore the loan market to turn the situation around.

"Saturday's game at home to Salisbury City is a massive one for myself and the players as we need to drag ourselves out of the bottom four."

Ian Roper had a shot deflected wide before Thomas shot into the ground from Lee Fowlers 10th minute corner and the ball bounced into the roof of the net.

Debutant Neale McDermott shot over as Gateshead hit back but only a double save by Jim Provett from Green prevented Kettering from increasing their lead.

Provett then saved from Thomas as Spencer homed in for the kill, before Armand One had a header deflected wide at the other end.

Within a minute however the Poppies were two up when Andre Boucaud slid the ball into the path of Ashikodi and the new signing swept the ball home with aplomb.

One had a close range shot deflected over the bar by Roper and Wayne Phillips low volley was comfortably held by Lee Harper just before the break.

The Tynesiders however offered little as an attacking force and they almost fell further behind after the break when Spencer shot just wide of the far post.

Boucaud's shot from the edge of the penalty area flew inches over before Bogie threw on Steven Richardson on the hour for Phillips.

Green however put the game beyond doubt with a clinical finish after 73 minutes and a foul by Craig Baxter, one of three Gateshead players to be booked, brought the fourth with eight minutes left.

Jean-Paul Marna put the fee kick into the box and Spencer powered a close range header past Provett as Kettering moved into second place and Gateshead suffered their heaviest defeat of the season so far.

Gateshead: Provett, Baxter, Robinson, Gate, Curtis, Francis,
Harwood (Mackay 75), Turnbull, One (Forsyth 85), McDermott, Phillips (Richardson 59)
Subs: (not used) Farman (gk), Cave

Booked: Harwood, Francis, Baxter
Att: 1,231

By Jeff Bowron