Worksop Town 0, Gateshead 4.

Gateshead made it three wins out of three as they continued their unbeaten run to 15 matches under the guidance of the modest Ian Bogie.

Bogie praised his side when the game finished but insisted the squad must take each game as they come. Bogie also said the players have to earn the right to be named on the team sheet and with Cave, Phillips and Bowey all returning on Wednesday Bogie has a serious selection headache of the best kind.

The first half could have been different if it were not for Peter Keen on four minutes. Steve Owens cleverly turned Richard Flynn on the edge of the box and fired off a shot, but Keen showed his agility by making a full stretch save to fingertip the ball over the bar for a corner.

With Flynn, Paul Talbot and Chris Hughes making their first starts to the season Gateshead slowly settled down into a rhythm which produced the opening goal on 21 minutes. David Southern took on the Worksop defence in the box but his shot was deflected out to stand in Captain Steve Salvin who lined up his shot and curled around three players to score.

Two minutes later Flynn volleyed into the Worksop net from a Southern free-kick, but the touch on by Salvin saw Flynn now in an offside position and the goal was ruled out.

Half Time: Worksop 0, Gateshead 1.

Gateshead took control early in the second half and the second goal didn’t take long to come. Just three minutes in and Graeme Armstrong netted his second of the season with a header.

The second goal came from a throw on the left by Hughes which was glanced on by Salvin to Southern who made a header. Scott Lowe cleared off the line and while Southern and others were claiming the goal Armstrong made sure it counted from close range.Southern - 1st goal for the season

A third Gateshead goal was to come from the penalty spot with Southern netting his first goal of the season shooting low to his left and beating Laurence Matthewson who got his fingertips to the ball. Matthewson was also booked when he conceded the penalty on 59 minutes wrestling Armstrong to the ground who had been put through by the penalty taker.

A final goal was taken on 80 minutes and was again cleared off the line, this time by Steve Nicholson, but the linesman adjudged the ball to have crossed the line and Salvin’s header produced his second goal of the game, giving him four from three matches.

Full Time: Worksop 0, Gateshead 4.

Attendance: 364.

Gateshead Line-up: Keen, Baxter, Talbot, McClen (Pollock 80), Curtis, Flynn, Southern (Thompson 73), Salvin, Armstrong (Robson 73), Harwood, Hughes.

Match photographs can now be viewed in the Photo Gallery.